The new year is right around the corner… can you believe it?? Before 2019 comes to an end, I would love for you to participate in this quick end-of-year dental marketing assessment with me! I put this together to help you reflect on your year. It brings back all kinds of Seventeen magazine nostalgia for me, and I hope it does for you, too!
After taking this assessment, I hope that you will think about your dental marketing goals for 2020. After examining what worked, what didn’t work, and what got pushed to the backburner, you will be able to see where you might need to invest more time and resources moving forward.
Ready to dive in?
End-of-Year Dental Marketing Assessment
- This year, I posted consistently on social media for my practice.
- Yes, I posted at least three times a week! (3 points)
- I posted occasionally but I probably need to do more. (2 points)
- I really didn’t post that much. (1 point)
- This year, I focused on my SEO by upgrading my site and blogging regularly.
- Yes, I am all about that SEO life! (3 points)
- It was important to me, but it didn’t happen as regularly as I hoped. (2 points)
- I meant to do it, but I didn’t 😬 (1 point)
- I did a great job of showing up online by sharing photos of myself and doing video content, e.g. live streams, Instagram Stories, and/or YouTube content.
- I’ve basically got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame now! (3 points)
- I did a little of that (and overcame my fear of showing my face online). (2 points)
- I know I need to do this but this year, it just didn’t happen. (1 point)
- I sent out emails to my patients that were more than just appointment reminders.
- Yep, I did that 🤗 (3 points)
- I sent out one or two emails. (2 points)
- I did not do any kind of email marketing whatsoever. (1 point)
- When it comes to prioritizing dental marketing for my practice, I rate myself a/an ____ on a scale of 1-10…
- 8-10 (3 points)
- 4-7 (2 points)
- 1-4 (1 point)
Okay, let’s see how you did!
You’re a dental marketing rockstar, and you know what you need to be doing to stand out online! Keep doing what you’re doing, but always be thinking of new ways to innovate. It’s easy to let things slip, especially when we get busy. Always think about how to incorporate new trends, technology, and hashtags into your content. Use new, competitive keywords when blogging and make sure your website is always up to date, fast, and gorgeous.
If you want to invest in your practice, we would suggest the Dental Branding Bootcamp! This isn’t a 101 course, it’s for people who want to level up their dental branding using tools like paid advertising, great storytelling, and in-practice productivity hacks!
For the most part, you know what you need to do to market your practice, but obstacles are standing in your way. In the new year, let’s work on eliminating those obstacles! If you are low on time, consider investing in done-for-you social media bundles. You can have content to post every day without having to come up with the captions, hashtags and photos all by yourself.
You also might want to consider outsourcing your blog writing and website upgrades to a contractor or agency. We always think we have time for these things, but dentistry is no joke and often, we don’t even have enough time for the things we actually enjoy doing!
It’s totally okay to be a little lost when it comes to dental marketing. Whether you just need to brush up on dental marketing basics or you just need to find the right tools to get you started, we’re here to help! You can pick our brains anytime over on our social media feeds.
We also have openings for branded photoshoots in the first quarter of 2020! This is a great way to get tons of amazing photography of you, your practice, your team, and more. You’ll always have something to post, and we’ll give you lots of pointers for using the content all over… not just on social media.
Do you have questions about dental marketing? We’re here to help! Contact us anytime or find us on social media @dentalsoiree!